Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Wednesday, May 9, 2012

January 2012


I'm completely frustrated with myself that I have somehow managed to get behind on my blog.  So, here is another futile attempt to update my blog. Going all the way back to, um, January...

January was an exciting month. Mark and I celebrated our 10 year wedding anniversary. We celebrated by going up to Mammoth for a few nights, without the twins! Yay! Unfortunately, the snow was terrible so we didn't get to ski much. It did snow like crazy the last day we were in Mammoth, so we were able to get in one full day of amazing skiing! We ate great food, drank good wine and relaxed. It was wonderful.

The most memorable part of the trip was when Mark surprised me with an anniversary band. I was completely surprised and had NO idea! I felt like I was getting engaged all over again. The pictures below captured the moment quite well.


~View from our balcony, looking down at Mammoth village~







~Love him!~
~Enjoying a margarita~

~SNOW!~
~A bottle of wine at a wine bar we visited~
After Mark and I returned from Mammoth, we were off to San Diego the next day. We stayed at the Grand Del Mar, the most beautiful resort I have ever visited. Mark was receiving an award so we were there to attend an awards banquet. The award he received was the Physician Exceptional Contribution Award. I was informed that it is a great honor to receive this award, the highest award one can receive from the organization where Mark is employed. I was very proud of him (and still am)!! I am married to an amazing guy who works so hard and gives back to the community in many different ways.

~All fancy!~


~Mark receiving his award and giving his speech. So proud of him!~
The boys are growing like weeds. We didn't take many pictures during the month of January. Once again, I am amazed at how much they are learning on a daily basis. They never cease to amaze me! 

~Preston looks just like Karissa is this picture~
~Ethan enjoying sushi!~
~Waiting in line for Pirates of the Caribbean~

No comments:

Post a Comment