Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Friday, August 21, 2009

Welcome to Holland. Part 3

Raising a child is hard work. Raising a child with a disability is even harder. I don't believe that just anyone is cut out to do it. In fact, I know people that wouldn't be able to handle it. I will just leave it at that.

I never thought in a million years that I would be a parent of a child with special needs. While I wish things had been different, Karissa taught me more than I ever could have imagined and I would not change that for anything.

During her short time here on earth, Karissa taught me how to be patient. She taught me how to have an extraordinary amount of faith and courage. She taught me to be a strong person and to fight for what is right. To stand up for myself. She taught me that life is short and to never, ever, take for granted the simplest things.

While I did not get to experience Italy, I did get to experience Holland. It was a beautiful place and I miss it immensely.

1 comment:

  1. I read that same piece, Welcome to Holland! It really rang true with me. My son has ADHD with Anxiety, a speech delay, and motor development problems. When I read that piece, it hit home with me. I realized that I have to remember that the only perfect place is heaven. Earth will never compare. Our perfect destination is Heaven. God Bless!

    ReplyDelete