Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Saturday, February 27, 2010

Raindrops falling on your head

The rain reminds me of Karissa, but then again, I guess everything reminds me of her. Whenever it rains though, I am reminded of when I used to do 'raindrops' on Karissa's head. As a child who had problems with sensory integration, Karissa would love when I would do raindrops on her head. The light tapping sensation helped to calm her down and get her to relax. Sometimes, when she had a difficult time falling asleep, I would lightly tap her head and softly sing the word raindrops. I was always amazed at how her disposition would change. It was so very sweet.

Or, when we were in the car during the rain, I would open her window and she would put her hand out to feel the raindrops. I would say, "look Karissa, raindrops, like raindrops on your head." Sometimes she would respond with her sweet "ooooooo." Precious. Anyways, that's all...

1 comment: